Definition of accentuate
- to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet". Synonyms: accent, emphasise, emphasize, punctuate, stress.
- put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word". Synonyms: accent, stress.
background, downplay, emphasise, emphasize, topicalize, underline, underscore.
Start with accentuate
End with accentuate
More information about accentuate
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accentuate is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 14 points
- accentuate is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 14 points
- accentuate is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 18 points