Definition of accelerator
- a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas". Synonyms: accelerator pedal, gas, gas pedal, gun, throttle.
- a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine. Synonyms: throttle, throttle valve.
- (chemistry) a substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected. Synonyms: catalyst. Antonyms: anticatalyst.
- a scientific instrument that increases the kinetic energy of charged particles. Synonyms: atom smasher, particle accelerator.
betatron, biocatalyst, collider, cyclotron, enzyme, linac.
Words nearby accelerator
Rhymes with accelerator
accumulator, activator, actuator, actuator, administrator, agitator, alligator, allocator, alternator, animator, applicator, appropriator, arbitrator, aviator, calculator, carburetor, collaborator, commentator, communicator, conciliator.
Start with accelerator
More information about accelerator
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accelerator is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 15 points
- accelerator is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 15 points
- accelerator is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 18 points