Definition of accelerate
- move faster; "The car accelerated". Synonyms: quicken, speed, speed up. Antonyms: decelerate.
- cause to move faster; "He accelerated the car". Synonyms: speed, speed up. Antonyms: decelerate.
Words nearby accelerate
Rhymes with accelerate
abbreviate, abdicate, abrogate, acclimate, accommodate, accumulate, acetate, activate, adequate, adjudicate, administrate, adulate, adulterate, advocate, affiliate, agglomerate, agglutinate, aggravate, agitate, aguacate.
Start with accelerate
End with accelerate
More information about accelerate
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accelerate is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 14 points
- accelerate is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 14 points
- accelerate is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 17 points