Definition of accede
- yield to another's wish or opinion; "The government bowed to the military pressure". Synonyms: bow, defer, give in, submit.
- take on duties or office; "accede to the throne". Synonyms: enter.
- to agree or express agreement; "The Maestro assented to the request for an encore". Synonyms: acquiesce, assent. Antonyms: dissent.
Rhymes with accede
agreed, bead, bede, bleed, breed, cede, concede, creed, decreed, deed, exceed, feed, fried, gide, greed, heed, impede, indeed, intercede, keyed.
Start with accede
accedes, acceders, acceder, accedences, accedence, acceded.
End with accede
More information about accede
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accede is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 11 points
- accede is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 11 points
- accede is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 13 points