Definition of abused
- used improperly or excessively especially drugs; "an abused substance".
- subjected to cruel treatment; "an abused wife". Synonyms: ill-treated, maltreated, mistreated. Antonyms: unabused.
- treat badly; "This boss abuses his workers", "She is always stepping on others to get ahead". Synonyms: abuse, ill-treat, ill-use, maltreat, mistreat, step.
- change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don't abuse the system", "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers". Synonyms: abuse, misuse, pervert.
- use foul or abusive language towards; "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket", "The angry mother shouted at the teacher". Synonyms: abuse, blackguard, clapperclaw, shout.
- use wrongly or improperly or excessively; "Her husband often abuses alcohol", "while she was pregnant, she abused drugs". Synonyms: abuse.
curse, fracture, rail, revile, slang, vilify, vituperate.
Words nearby abused
abuse, abuser, amused.
Rhymes with abused
accused, amused, bemused, confused, diffused, disabused, excused, fused, misused, unused, used.
End with abused
More information about abused
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abused is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- abused is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- abused is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 11 points