Definition of abseil
- (mountaineering) a descent of a vertical cliff or wall made by using a doubled rope that is fixed to a higher point and wrapped around the body. Synonyms: rappel.
- lower oneself with a rope coiled around the body from a mountainside; "The ascent was easy--roping down the mountain would be much more difficult and dangerous", "You have to learn how to abseil when you want to do technical climbing". Synonyms: rappel, rope down.
Start with abseil
abseiling, abseiled, abseils.
More information about abseil
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abseil is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 8 points
- abseil is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 8 points
- abseil is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 10 points