Definition of abroad
- in a foreign country; "markets abroad", "overseas markets". Synonyms: overseas.
- to or in a foreign country; "they had never travelled abroad".
- far away from home or one's usual surroundings; - R.A.Hall; "looking afield for new lands to conquer". Synonyms: afield.
- in a place across an ocean. Synonyms: overseas.
Words nearby abroad
Rhymes with abroad
applaud, awed, baud, bawd, broad, clawed, defraud, flawed, fraud, jawed, laud, maraud, mod, thawed.
More information about abroad
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abroad is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- abroad is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- abroad is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 10 points