Definition of abreast
- being up to particular standard or level especially in being up to date in knowledge; "kept abreast of the latest developments", "constant revision keeps the book au courant", "always au fait on the latest events", "up on the news". Synonyms: au courant, au fait, up on.
- alongside each other, facing in the same direction.
Words nearby abreast
Rhymes with abreast
addressed, arrest, attest, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, brest, chest, coalesced, compressed, congest, contest, crest, depressed, detest, detest, digest.
More information about abreast
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abreast is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- abreast is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- abreast is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 10 points