Definition of abrade
- wear away. Synonyms: abrase, corrade, rub down, rub off.
- rub hard or scrub; "scour the counter tops". Synonyms: scour.
chafe, excoriate, rasp.
Words nearby abrade
Rhymes with abrade
ade, afraid, aid, aide, arcade, arrayed, bade, blade, blockade, braid, brigade, brigade, brocade, buffeted, cascade, charade, cliched, colonnade, crusade, decade.
Start with abrade
abrader, abraders, abrades, abraded.
More information about abrade
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abrade is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- abrade is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- abrade is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 10 points