Definition of abort
- the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed; "I wasted a year of my life working on an abort", "he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area".
- terminate before completion; "abort the mission", "abort the process running on my computer".
- cease development, die, and be aborted; "an aborting fetus".
- terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion.
Words nearby abort
abor, about, amort.
Rhymes with abort
assort, athwart, cavort, comport, consort, contort, court, ct, deport, distort, escort, exhort, extort, fort, forte, import, port, porte, purport, quart.
Start with abort
abortion, aborters, abortiveness, abortifacients, abortivenesses, abortions, aborter, aborting, abortus, abortifacient, abortuses, aborted, abortionists, aborts, abortively, abortionist, abortive.
More information about abort
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abort is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- abort is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- abort is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 8 points