Definition of ablaze
- keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement; - Bram Stoker; "his face all ablaze with excitement", "he was aflame with desire". Synonyms: aflame, aroused.
- lighted up by or as by fire or flame; "forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning", "even the car's tires were aflame", "a night aflare with fireworks", "candles alight on the tables", "houses on fire". Synonyms: afire, aflame, aflare, alight, on fire.
- resembling flame in brilliance or color; "maple trees ablaze in autumn".
- lighted with red light as if with flames; "streets ablaze with lighted Christmas trees", "the inflamed clouds at sunset", "reddened faces around the campfire". Synonyms: inflamed, reddened.
Words nearby ablaze
Rhymes with ablaze
amaze, appraise, baize, bayes, blase, blaze, braise, chaise, craze, dais, days, daze, faze, gaze, glaze, graze, hayes, hays, haze, lyonnais.
More information about ablaze
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- ablaze is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 17 points
- ablaze is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 17 points
- ablaze is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 19 points