Definition of abide
- dwell; "You can stay with me while you are in town", "stay a bit longer--the day is still young". Synonyms: bide, stay.
- put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism", "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks", "he learned to tolerate the heat", "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage". Synonyms: bear, brook, digest, endure, put up, stand, stick out, stomach, suffer, support, tolerate.
accept, outstay, overstay, pay, swallow, visit.
Words nearby abide
abode, aide, amide, aside, azide, bide.
Rhymes with abide
allied, alongside, applied, aside, astride, betide, bide, bride, chide, clyde, coincide, collide, confide, decide, deride, divide, dried, dyed, eyed, fried.
Start with abide
abiders, abided, abides, abider.
More information about abide
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abide is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 8 points
- abide is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 8 points
- abide is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 9 points