Definition of abate
- make less active or intense. Synonyms: slack, slake.
- become less in amount or intensity; "The storm abated", "The rain let up after a few hours". Synonyms: die away, let up, slack, slack off.
Words nearby abate
abase, ablate, agate, alate, bate.
Rhymes with abate
ablate, actuate, ate, await, bait, bate, berate, chait, collate, commutate, conflate, conjugate, crate, create, date, debate, deflate, demodulate, desecrate, desecrate.
Start with abate
abated, abates, abatement, abaters, abatements, abater.
More information about abate
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abate is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- abate is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- abate is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 8 points